COMMENTS ABOUT THE DRAFT: “PLAN OF ACTION 2010 – 2015 ON THE NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR CHILDREN“
The Observatory office of Children’s Rights – Korce has organized roundtable discussions with local actors to inform them about the Draft – “Plan of Action 2011 – 2015 on the National Strategy for Children” formulated by MOLSAEO ( Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities). Moreover the Observatory has taken into account the actor’s opinion regarding this draft. Some of the Local Institutions that participated in the discussion about the plan of Action were: Representative from the Region, from the Municipality and from the Education sector and NGO’s (Non Governmental Organization). The institutions expressed their opinion about some possible improvements in the Draft–Plan of Action:
- To establish Children’s Protection Unit.
- There are no Rehabilitation Institutions for boys to operate in all the points mentioned in the Draft.
- Student’s Governments need to be trained (especially in the Communes ).
- The Job Inspectorate must have the competences to intervene also in informal entities in order to prevent Child Labor.
- There are no separate rooms for children in detention.
- The Tribunal should have small halls for judgement of minors.
- Local Institutions must be efficient with the respective budgets, including the budget for children.
- There must be psychologists at kindergardens and social workers at schools.