COMMENTS ABOUT THE DRAFT: “PLAN OF ACTION 2010 – 2015 ON THE NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR CHILDREN“
The Observatory office of Children’s Rights – Elbasan has organized roundtable discussions with local actors to inform them about the Draft – “Plan of Action 2011 – 2015 on the National Strategy for Children” formulated by MOLSAEO ( Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities). Moreover the Observatory has taken into account the actor’s opinion regarding this draft. Some of the local Institutions that participated in the discussion about the plan of Action were: Aid to the Balkans, Police Directorate of Elbasan, Voice 16+, World Vision, I.C.C and Terre’s des Hommes. The institutions expressed their opinion about some possible improvements in the Draft–Plan of Action:
- The Central Government should provide the Plan of Action with respective budgets.
- To use more concrete and more measurable Monitoring indicators.
- Alternative Services deserve the necessary attention. They have proved to be very important during the present time and they are of a higher quality.
- To support CPUs in building and improving capacities.
- To create the Financial Legal Framework in order to support the initiatives of CPUs.
- To create the right mechanisms to incentivize the Local Authority to take their own responsibilities in designing efficient policies to protect children’s rights through the Local Plan of Action and the consolidation of CPU’s.