Observatory for Children’s Rights (Observatory) during the period February- April 2016 organized round tables by promoting debate and dialogue with special groups of participants to discuss the process of out of school children identification. Round tables were realized in the framework of the initiative implementation “Out of school children”, with the special attention of the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) and in partnership with UNICEF Albania.
About the initiative
“Out of school children” initiative is realized with the special attention of MoES, in partnership with UNICEF Albania and is being implemented by Observatory. This initiative has started since 2013 with the aim of identifying and registration of all children at compulsory age also preventing drop out of school phenomena of children at risk of drop out. The initiative aims establishment of appropriate mechanisms that every children at compulsory age to follow the school.
Implementation of 3 Ministerial Common Order (3MO) “For identification and registration in school of all children at compulsory age” is being piloted in Durres Municipality. In collaboration with the working group, composed by representatives of Ministry and other institutions, are selected 10 9- year public schools of Durres Municipality (according the new administrative reform). Criteria of selection were based on Performance Card of each school. In 10 pilot schools of Durres, the interventions for monitoring the implementation of 3 Ministerial Common Order are intensified.
The purpose of meetings and debates
The meetings were realized with the aim of progress of identifying out of school children and mobilization of all local actors for implementation of 3 Ministerial Common Order “For identification and registration in school of all children of compulsory age”.
Groups that participate in round tables
Rountables were realized in collaboration with local institutions in Durres and specially with:
- Regional Directory of Education (RED) Durres;
- Institution of Prefect Durres.
Special groups that participate in roundtables are:
- Directors of 10 pilot schools and other schools;
- Teachers of 10 pilot schools and other schools;
- Students, members of Student Government of 10 pilot schools;
- Psychologist and social workers of 10 pilot schools and other schools;
- Students, members of Student Government of different schools;
- Parents, members of Parental Council of 10 pilot schools;
- Representatives of different local institutions in Durres;
- Working group from Ministries and depending institutions for implementation of 3 Ministerial Common Order.
Roundtables result with a large participation of different representatives, whom express their interest for mobilization in the frameworks of 3MO implementation.