COMMENTS ABOUT THE DRAFT: “PLAN OF ACTION 2010 – 2015 ON THE NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR CHILDREN“
The Observatory office of Children’s Rights – Shkoder has organized roundtable discussions with local actor’s to inform them about the Draft – “Plan of Action 2011 – 2015 on the National Strategy for Children” formulated by MOLSAEO ( Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities). Moreover the Observatory has taken into account the actor’s opinion regarding this draft in order to improve it further:
- It’s necessary to have supporting teachers for children who are integrated in normal schools and to have trained these teachers so they will be able to perform positively, which is not always the case.
- It is necessary to train and provide courses to support teachers, and also provide informative courses for primary teachers in order to teach them the job and the role of supporting teachers.
- Primary teachers and supporting teachers should collaborate between them.
- It is important to have educational programs and books for children with disabilities.
- An education possibility should be provided for pupils who could not follow school during their chronological age.
- Independent actors should be proposed to deal with issues regarding trustees’ families.
The punishment of minors should be given according to defensive structures.