Donor: UNDP, UN Women
Duration: September 2015- September 2016
Observatory for Children’s Rights is implementing the project “Gender Equality and Women Empowerment- The key to success in undertaken policies – locals and youth involvement” over the period September 2015- September 2016, an initiative supported by UNDP and UN Women.
The project goal is to influence in the reduction of the domestic and gender-based violence and promote gender equality in 2 different areas in Albania by engaging men and boys in partnership with women and girls as allies, role models and agents of change, by involving local actors as well as youth.
- To involve local actors in being engaged and pro-active in the campaign for reducing the domestic and gender-based violence and promote gender equality in Albania;
- To encourage and mobilize youth as promoting agents to advocate in the reduction of the domestic violence and promote gender equality.
Some of the main activities of the initiative are:
- Roundtables with public officials
- Public relation (PR) materials
- Orange message” video register
- Project activities will have the support of visual and written media
- Reporting of all activities
- Story telling booklet with stories, photos and cases collected
- Creation of 2 groups with young boys and girls from schools or social centers
- Training the members of youth club
- Orange(Wo)men campaigns of 16 days of activism against gender violence
- Orange art exhibition