Information about Shkodra region
- Facts from the history of Shkodra Region
- Address of the Council of Shkodra Region
- A summary about the situation of children rights in the Region
- Regional Strategy for Children's Rights
- Address of the Observatory for Children's Rights in Shkodër
- Role and responsibilities of the Observatory for Children's Rights, Shkodër
- Address of Children Rights Unit (CRU)
- Role and responsibilities of CRU Shkodër
- Role and responsibilities of CPU Shkodër
1. Facts from the history of Shkodra Region
The city of Shkodra was founded in the fourth century BC by the Illyrian tribe Labeats. At the time when the Illyrian population of Albanian territory reached high economic and cultural development, in the year 181 BC it became the capital of the Illyrian Kingdom. With the division of the Roman Empire, Shkodra, passes under Byzantine control but continues to depend on the Church of Rome, since it was an important religious center. Facing many barbarian invasions, in the eleventh and fourteenth century, Shkodra experienced a brief period of self-government. In the second half of the fourteenth century it was the capital of the feudal state Balshichs, before moving to Venice dependence in the fifteenth century. At this time the castle went under a reconstruction (since it began to be built in the fifth and fourth century) and the city took its name Scutari. In the IV century in the territories that previously constituted Pulti principality, smaller ethnographic divisions were formed. These social economic communities concentrated even further to form what today is known as Malësi e Madhe (Great Highland, from the organization in the mountains).
2. Address of the Council of Shkodra Region
Këshilli i Qarkut Shkodër, Rr " 13 Dhjetori"Shkodër
3. A summary about the situation of children rights in the Region
Shkodra Region is one of the poorest regions where social exclusion of vulnerable groups puts at risk many of the rights of children. Many children live in families with economic aid, there are others that are obliged to work, as well as there are children at risk of being trafficked. The most vulnerable categories are: orphans; working children; children with disabilities; children in revenge; children in risk to be trafficked; Roma children etc.
4. Regional Strategy for Children's Rights
The Regional Strategy for the Rights of Children and the Plan of Action 2011-2013 in Shkodra Region are drafted and adopted. Moreover there is also the "budgeting analysis of social policies for children" which reflects the current situation, it clearly defines the needs and priorities of children and the necessary measures to be taken in order to implement the children's rights in Shkodra region according to the implementation of the National Strategy for children and other important documents that protect children's rights in Albania.
5. Address of the Observatory for Children's Rights in Shkodër:
Observatori për të Drejtat e Fëmijëve,
Rr "13 Dhjetori" pranë Zyrës Rajonale të Avokatit të Popullit,
Godina e Bashkisë, Shkodër.
6. Role and responsibilities of the Observatory for Children's Rights, Shkodër:
- Periodical collection of information and data from governmental institutions and departments of Health, Education and Social Protection; from non-governmental institutions, from associations and communities and from children themselves at the regional and local level.
- Periodical and ongoing analysis of information collected.
- To prepare and distribute quarterly reports, based on the national model and on indicators of child welfare.
- To prepare annual reports about the progress of policy implementation for the realization of children's rights in regions.
- Periodical collection of reports, surveys from various international, national and local agencies.
7. Address of Children Rights Unit (CRU)
Godina e Këshillit të Qarkut Shkodër, Rr"13 Dhjetori".
8. Role and responsibilities of CRU Shkodër
- To monitor and evaluate the implementation of laws and policies relating to the protection of children's rights in its regional jurisdiction;
- To identify and coordinate the cases of violations or abuse, misuse of the rights of children in its regional jurisdiction
- To coordinate the functioning of the multi-disciplinary team and identify, analyze and refer cases of domestic violence in its regional jurisdiction;
- To cooperate and exchange information on the rights of the child with different institutions responsible for health, education, police, local government, the municipalities and communes, or civil society;
- To organize informative, educational and training meetings for children rights in the region;
- To report to the Regional Council on the progress of the rights of the child in the territory of the region;
- To report periodically to the State Agency for Protection of Child Rights, to prepare statistical data for the state of child rights in the region;
- To submit information periodically to the State Agency for Protection of Child Rights on the situation of the implementation of child rights in the region.
9. Role and responsibilities of CPU Shkodër:
- To evaluate and monitor the ongoing situation of the families of children at risk, until the child is considered "not at risk";
- To identify and coordinate, in a multidisciplinary manner for the protection, referral and analysis of cases in the municipality/commune;
- To sensitize the community to organize informative, educational and training meetings, for children protection in the municipality/commune;
- To cooperate with social service administrators, school psychologists, family doctors, the responsible law enforcement, social workers, public service centers and private, to improve the situation of child protection in the municipality/commune;
- To serve as an informative center or a reference point for other support services according to their needs for children and families in the territory of the municipality
- To report periodically to the State Agency for Protection of Child Rights prepared statistics in order to protect the child in the municipality/commune;
- To submit periodically to the State Agency for Protection of Child Rights information on the situation of the children protection in the municipality/commune.
Punoi: Anilda Gurakuqi,
Eksperte e Observatorit Shkodër