COMMENTS ABOUT THE DRAFT: “PLAN OF ACTION 2010 – 2015 ON THE NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR CHILDREN“
The Observatory office of Children’s Rights – Kukes has organized roundtable discussions with local actors to inform them about the “Plan of Action 2011 – 2015 on the National Strategy for Children” formulated by MOLSAEO ( Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities). Moreover the Observatory has taken into account the actor’s opinion regarding this draft in order to develop it further:
- The competences of Pre – University Education should be transferred to the Local Governance Units.
- Families in need should have access to all services.
- Talented children of poor families should be stimulated.
- Psychologist services should cover the entire Region.
- The role of students’ Governments at school should be enhanced by supporting them financially.
- The number of the doctor’s at PHD (Public Health Directorate), especially in rural areas, should be increased.
- A web – page should be created in order to provide information to all institutions.
- Social Administrators should intervene to prevent severe episodes in cases of children in need.
- The infrastructure of schools for children with physical and mental disabilities should be improved.
- To facilitate the doctor’s job by reducing the number of the obligatory documents to be completed.
- To organize studies regarding the Public Health conditions of the population
- The Institutions should take their individual responsibility for the referred cases of children in risk and should not neglect these cases as it generally happens.
- The hospital should not be used as a shelter for abandoned children, but the necessary measures must be taken in order to accommodate these children in the relevant Institutions.
- The Plan of Action should suit the specific needs of the Regions.
- The financing of the dorms should be predicted in order to prevent the growth of collective classes.
- The foreign languages curricula should be included in the rural regions school’s program.
- To create a control mechanism such that each Institution will take its own responsibilities.
- Local Governance Units should channel more recourses of their budget to children’s needs.